WHAT IS KIN-BALL?
Kin-Ball is a worldwide, competitive team sport that plays with a giant ball 4 feet in diameter.
- Each game is played with 3 teams of 4 players against each other at the same time.
- Each game session consists of 3 10-minutes periods, with a 2-minute break between each period.
- The goal is simple: to catch and control the ball before it touches the ground.
- Opening serve is determined by a dice roll between captains.
- The game begins with one team serving the ball.
- To serve the ball, three (3) players hold the ball up while the fourth player yells “OMNIKIN” and the color of another team, and then hits the ball.
- The team whose color was called by the serving team must catch the ball before it touches the floor.
- If the catch is successful, the receiving team serves.
- If the ball touches the floor, the other two (2) teams get one (1) point each and the receiving team serves.
- The ball is considered out-of-bounds if it touches the wall or wall posts.
- The server may not serve the ball on a downward slope.
- The same server cannot serve twice in a row.